Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Coyote Valley at San Jose City Council and in Wikipedia

I was at San Jose City Council late last night, trying to save the riparian zone of Calabazas Creek from a Duckett Way development that was using loopholes to bust the City's 100-foot buffer policy (we were mildly successful).

Since I was there anyway, though, I took advantage of the Open Forum to announce that City staff had informed me that they didn't plan to respond to our criticism of the Draft Fiscal Analysis for Coyote Valley. I said it was critical that the City respond, because the analysis was flawed and the project jeopardizes the City's finances. We'll see what happens, but at least the City Council now knows about it.

And thinking about the subject made me decide to update the Wikipedia entry for Coyote Valley to include the fiscal analysis issues.

We're getting the word out!

-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment